Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 3 - Juice Fast

Yesterday was a tough day for my fast. All day long I felt hungry and annoyed and just wanted to go home and cook up something warm and yummy, eat and watch movies. But instead, I excercised, made up a very spicey Beet, Carrot, Jalapeno, Celery and Garlic juice, and watched a little bit of Rome and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Oh did I not mention before that I've become a huge fan now of that show? After falling in love with Firefly and finding out Joss Whedon was also responsible for Buffy, I decided it was time to check out the show that I previously had little interest in watching. And I have to say, I'm totally hooked. The plot and dialog has that same Joss Whedon style that loved when I watched Firefly. Unlike Firefly Buffy had more than just one season of course, and I have to say Seasons 2 and 3 were easily my favorites. I'm in Season 4 now and so far it's pretty blah. Still looking forward to the "musical" episode in Season 6 which I've heard it great.

Anyways, it's day 3 of the juice fast and I'm definitely feeling a lot better today. More alert, less hungry and not at all tired. I'm in a fairly decent mood but I find I can lose my temper pretty quickly and get frustrated more easily then normal, but it's not terribly bad at this point. I'm hoping for further improvements in Day 4! Stay Tuned!

-Melissa

No comments: