Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 5

It's the fifth day of my juice fast and I'm surprised at how my overall energy and mood varies so much from day to day. Last night I was again feeling extremely hungry for something solid and I felt so tempted to throw in the towel and make a nice salad. Instead I had a beet, carrot, garlic, broccoli juice which actually wasn't too bad. I had a lot of energy most of day 4 but by late evening I felt pretty tired so I went to bed around 11pm and didn't wake up till almost 9am this morning. That is very unusual for me and today I've felt an overall tiredness which is very different then that way I had been feeling the previous day where I had lots of energy and alertness. Perhaps my body is now doing some healing and I just need a little more rest at this point. On the plus side I haven't really felt all that hungry at all today. However, I did notice that my balance was off. I kept running into things and especially when I would first stand up and try to walk I was a bit off kilter. My mind is alert but I don't feel like I'm thinking as clearly as I normally do. Anyways, here's what I had today:

Breakfast: Mixed Berry Smoothie (frozen fruit, pea protein and water)
Lunch: Peach, Grape, Spinach and Ginger juice. Was actually quite yummy!
Dinner: A broth that I made from spinach, carrots, beets, garlic and celery. It was okay but was definitely more watery than the juices I was making from my juicer. It was nice and hot though which was a nice change from the luke-warm juices I've been drinking.

Pretty soon I'll have to hit the grocery store for another round of fresh vegetables. I think I won't buy so much fruit the next round since I still have most of a watermelon and a pineapple left. Plus I notice with the fruit juices, particuarly those with citrus, I tend to get heartburn afterwards. I'll probably get many of the same vegetables as last time plus I'm thinking I'll try a fresh tomatoe juice and maybe also get some bell peppers.

Now, time to get back to my movie... The Grudge 2. Creepy!

No comments: